INDIO (CBSLA)— The first night of the Coachella Valley Music & Art Celebration ended in chaos after a mobile shower unit increased in flames early Saturday early morning.
Firefighters were called to the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, the location of the music celebration, at 2: 05 a.m., about an after hour after the last performance of the night.
According to the Riverside County Fire Department, firefighters reached the Lot 8 storage location to discover a shower system engulfed in flames.
Two trailers were associated with the fire, one damaged and another damaged.
No other injuries triggered by the fire have actually been reported.
#CampIncident[UPDATE] 2: 28 am– Fire Contained. Mobile Shower Unit in Lot 8 Storage Location. Total of 2 trailers included. 1 harmed, 1 ruined. No reported injuries to fire workers or civilians. Fire crews will remain on scene for 1 hour for overhaul. #Coachella
— CAL FIRE Riverside (@CALFIRERRU) April 13, 2019
The reason for the fire is under investigation, but reports have been made claiming that a mechanical unity that heats up the showers stopped working and sparked the fire.
( © Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Booked. City News Service contributed to this report.)