IDEO Project disperses a mix of its own brand name of nationwide and live basic news customized to audiences in private structures in addition to the full-motion nationwide brand name marketing campaign and social networks material.
We intend on keeping notified our online visitors about our items, services and that includes requirements, security, health and quality and basic news and occasions. We likewise look to supply the site visitors with an extensive view of our business, programs, and activities.
Our web page consists of the current choice of posts and unique functions. If you cannot discover a post that intrigues you, make certain to inspect the Archives page, where we note every post ever released on our site.
Maker Spotlight: Hiroshi Momose
This maker spotlight was brought to us through Maker Faire Rome. You’ll be able to find them and numerous more imaginative and amazing makers at Maker Faire Rome: The European Edition on October 18-20 Get your tickets now!
Who are you?
Hiroshi Momose, group member of team: Laboratory for Integrated NanoSystems (LINAS).
Where are you located?
Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan.
What is your day task?
I am a research study fellow at Hokkaido University. My research interests make up Edge AI systems and promoting Edge AI’s open-innovation platform to target a broad variety of users from school kids to makers who have programs skills however limited technical understanding of AI.
What makerspace/hackerspace/fablab do you participate in, if any?
I have not went to the spaces/lab. My work includes the following: In 2018, I and the other members of team: LINAS, set up a neighborhood platform for our Edge AI system on our website. We currently open the website only in Japan and want to increase the outreach of our community to the worldwide audience, beginning from the fall of2019 In case of any concerns or demands, you can feel complimentary to drop us an email at: [email protected] Our activities to promote the neighborhood consist of the following:
- Taking part in the exhibits of the Maker Fairs
- Providing lectures at high schools, junior colleges of technology, universities, and labs
- Carrying out workshops for public beta screening
- Promotions in technical magazines and at academic conferences.
What kinds of stuff do you make?
The Arduino would have been the very best choice; nevertheless, it can not manage the AI efficiently. Therefore, we designed and established the FPGA2I shield thinking about the AI computation (especially, for the knowing procedure). We set up and manage the community support forum in Japan. The users can download the AI libraries and application examples from the website. The information of our platform are as follows:
- Hardware: FPGA AI (FPAG2I) shield for Arduino as an AI accelerator (training/inference)
- Software application: AI libraries of Arduino sketch and FPGA configuration data
- Neighborhood support online forum: Web server.
The various types of sample applications provided by us are:
- Fundamental samples: Reasoning, auto volume control, distance control, and so on
- Application samples: Line predictor, image recognition, and car driving
Everyday activities and basic samples:
Auto driving (reinforcement learning)
Rock-paper-scissors (image acknowledgment)
Which links would you like to consist of?
The information of our “FPGA AI (FPGA2I) Shield for Arduino rev. 2 (Maker Faire Rome 2019)” platform and numerous application samples can be found at the links listed below.
1. FPGA AI (FPGA2I) Guard for Arduino rev. 2 (Maker Faire Rome 2019):
2. Reconfigurable AI shield for embedded microcontrollers ( Maker Faire Rome 2019)
How did you get going making stuff?
Other than for the huge and costly makers, there are really few gadgets on the edge that you can touch, try, discover, and enjoy AI with. Therefore, we carried out the FPGA2I guard advancement under the open development platform for the Edge AI. This work is based upon the results acquired from a task commissioned by the New Energy and Industrial Innovation Development Organization (NEDO).
What is something you’ve made that actually stands apart, that you’re happy of?
- We have actually built an unique gadget that supplies the abilities for both learning (on-line knowing) and inference with a single board. Therefore, you can utilize the FPGA2I on-site with only Arduino and the I/O (sensing units, actuators, and robotics).
- You can attempt, find out, and delight in AI. You can also develop their own AI.
- School kids who have the knowledge of Arduino sketch programming can utilize AI by modifying our samples in the very first stage.
- Makers with the knowledge of re-configuration of the FPGA circuits can develop brand-new AI on the FPGA2I with their initial neural network, therefore realizing their unique ideas.
What do you have on your horizon?
We envision the Edge AI world together with you and your imaginative and unique AI ideas.
What is something you wish to deal with however haven’t yet?
We want to increase the outreach of our neighborhood to the worldwide audience, starting from the fall of2019 In addition, we wish to sell the FPGA2I guard by the end of 2020.
Any guidance for people reading this?
We invite you to visit our booth in Rome or our online neighborhood. We make sure that through your experience, your creativity would be stimulated to pioneer a novel AI idea. In case of any concerns or requests, you can feel complimentary to drop us an e-mail at: [email protected]
How to decorate the bedroom with LED strips
Summer is a good time to make changes at home, we have free time and recharged batteries. Why not start with the bedroom? It is the most intimate and personal place, where we spend our hours of rest, and the one that has to reflect the maximum our tastes and comforts.
For example, if you want to give more amplitude and forget about the bedside table, with its corresponding lamp, decorate the room with these LED lighting strips. In addition to winning space, you will get an elegant bedroom with a feeling of peace.
This trend is increasingly in vogue because it saves space giving a modern touch.
Led strips are flexible and adhesive strips, whose surface contains a series of Led lights. Thanks to this, lighting the room from the headboard of the bed is not only possible, but it is easy to do and economical, because compared to the bulbs of a lifetime can consume up to 80% less energy. In addition, they last much longer because they rarely merge.
Another benefit compared to traditional lighting, is that they are self-adhesive and very easy to stick to a surface such as the headboard of the bed, or other spaces in the room. They also have the advantage that their light is quite soft, so they do not bother the eye or dazzle, added to that many models come with dimmer to adjust the power to suit each one.
It can be regulated with a Dimmer with remote control, with a Dimmer installed on the wall, or with a Wi-Fi Dimmer that allows it to be adjusted by means of an application on the mobile.
And why not give a little color to life? We can play with the many colors that LED strips offer, and that can be chosen in a way that they combine with the other elements of the bedroom.
Ideas to light the bedroom with LED strips
There are several ways to illuminate the headboard of the bed and the bedroom with LED strips, depending on the lighting effects or design you want to achieve. The latest trends and what it takes the most is:
- Illuminate the headboard with indirect light and RGB LED strip. In addition to illuminating the room, you can choose between several colors, such as red, green or blue. There are also strips that change color depending on your tastes.
- It can also be done with indirect light by the perimeter of the room, with aluminum profile recessed.
- A different way to illuminate with LEDs is with indirect light by the skirting board, with an aluminum profile to embed in the wall and skirting board.
- And another original way is to place a Led strip on the roof, in several lines, and adjust its intensity with the regulator.
This way of decorating offers a multitude of possibilities. And in addition to its advantages of savings and beautiful designs, can be adapted to the needs and tastes of each, because the strips can be cut and unite with others as much as you want. They are valid for small spaces and for large spaces.
Give a renewed air to your bedroom by putting some Led strips on the headboard, behind the shelves, on the skirting boards or on the ceiling.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to message us via Email …